background

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Okay so I am still not on top of this whole blogging thing, but I am working on it.
So here is a little catch up on what's going on right now..
 
I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of Christmas.
I ADORE the holidays.
The decorating, baking, family time, food, giving.. ALL OF IT
Not to mention I am slightly obsessed with wrapping paper & it's everywhere right now!
So I am not going to lie, I have already decorated.. just a little bit.
 
I am also eagerly looking forward to hosting my first Thanksgiving dinner!
I am so excited to cook. (That's how I know I am getting old)
It's going to be small, just my MIL, husband, myself, BIL, and his girlfriend, and my precious nephew. & possibly the husbands grandparents stopping by and maybe a friend and her boyfriend?
But I have to start somewhere.
I've also decided we are doing a thanksgiving ham rather than turkey.
I know it's not "tradition" but frankly turkey kinda grosses me out & the husband prefers ham.
Also on the menu: mashed potatoes and gravy, corn casserole, green bean casserole, and PUMPKIN PIE POPS! I will probably add a few more things. But I am really trying not to go overboard, which is something I tend to do.
 
I've also been working like crazy & so has the hubs. It will be so nice to spend a couple days together.
So that's all for now. I will make sure to take tons of pictures & update on how everything is going.
xoxox kj!

No comments:

Post a Comment